Our Library has an Electronic Reserves system that enables faculty to store course reading materials for easy student access. Faculty create web pages for each of their courses, and upload files to the course web page. The system is very easy to use. Follow these steps to access course reading materials stored on the Electronic Reserves system:
- Go to the Electronic Reserves system web site using this link (the link is also available in the left column on all library webpages): http://ncnm.docutek.com.
- Click on the Electronic Reserves and Reserves Pages link (middle of the page).
- Use the pull down menu to select your instructor’s name, then click the Search button. (If you do not know the instructor’s name, you can search using the course name or number, or the department name–just click on the Search for Course Reserves Pages tab and enter a term in the search box, then click Search.)
- Find the appropriate course in the list of courses taught by your instructor, then click on the course number, which links to the specific course web page.
- You may be prompted for a password at this point, depending upon whether your instructor uses that feature of the system or not. Electronic Reserves passwords are only available from the instructor.
- Read the copyright statement and click Accept.
- Look for the document(s) that you wish to read or print. (They may be embedded in a folder.)
Questions? Ask a librarian if you need assistance: 503-552-1542.
- you can save your documents to your thumb drive or laptop, or burn a CD, instead of printing hard copies.
- if you can’t find your instructor’s course on Electronic Reserves, it may be because she/he uses Moodle instead.